Thank you for using JESI, Journey Management Software that has the primary purpose of ensuring a JESI users safety when arriving at a predetermined location and to support JESI Account Companies visibility of where their workforce are located. This policy explains the what, how, and why of the information we collect when you use the JESI Software, or when you use our Services. It also explains the specific ways we use and disclose that information. We take your privacy extremely seriously, and we never sell lists or email addresses.
J.E.S.I. Management Solutions Pty Ltd is committed to providing quality services to you and this policy outlines our ongoing obligations to you in respect of how we manage your Personal Information.
We have adopted the Australian Privacy Principles (APPs) . The APPs govern the way in which we collect, use, disclose, store, secure and dispose of your Personal Information.
|User||A person or individual who uses the JESI software|
|JESI Account Company||A Company who has purchased a JESI Account subscription|
|We, us, our||A collective term to describe a JESI function, policy or process|
|Subscriber||A Company or Person who has been responsible for purchasing a JESI Account by self-subscribing online through the JESI Website.|
|Custom Location||A geographic location that is unique to a JESI Account Company|
What is Personal Information and why do we collect it?
Personal Information is data that is collected that identifies an individual. Personal Information that is collected in the JESI Software includes: names, email addresses, mobile numbers, company name and position titles. Travel data that is captured includes a mandatory Google or custom geographic location and/or in addition any other travel related information as required by a JESI Account Company policy. The type of additional travel related information could include: mode of transport, flight numbers, accommodation, vehicle registration, other communication ie satellite or radio, gps location confirmation that is only enable by the user.
This Personal Information is captured in a few ways and is detailed below:
- Names, email address, mobile number and position titles are added to JESI through a bulk upload excel spreadsheet, often at the time of initial JESI on-boarding and/or periodically as required and authorised in writing by the respective JESI Account Company or Subscriber. An appropriate authorised JESI employee provides the initial on-boarding activities on behalf of the JESI Account Company.
- Post the initial on-boarding of a JESI Account Company: names, email address, mobile numbers and position titles can be added by an appropriate authorised JESI Account Company User. A JESI Employee is not authorised to add, edit, or delete a JESI Account Company user, unless requested by an appropriate authorised JESI Account Company Person.
- Custom Locations are added to a JESI Account Company by a bulk upload of custom locations provided by an authorised JESI Account Company and administered by an appropriate authorised JESI Employee. Bulk upload of custom locations is generally undertaken at the time of initial on-boarding, but can be requested by an appropriately authorised JESI Account Company Person. Custom Locations are not shared or available to any other JESI Account Companies and remain confidential to the respective JESI Account Company.
We collect your Personal Information for the primary purpose of providing access to the JESI Software. We may also use your Personal Information for secondary purposes closely related to the primary purpose, and includes the following:
Information from your use of the JESI Software about how and when you use the Services, is stored in log files or other types of files associated with your user profile. This information may include, for example, your IP address, time, date, browser used, and actions you have taken within the application. This type of information helps us to continually improve our services for both you and other users.
Product updates and other information directly related to the JESI software is communicated on mass and to JESI users that are identified as active or registered users at the time the communication is disseminated. Users can choose not to receive communication by unsubscribing or by contacting us in writing.
Sensitive information is defined in the Privacy Act to include information or opinion about such things as an individual’s racial or ethnic origin, political opinions, membership of a political association, religious or philosophical beliefs, membership of a trade union or other professional body, criminal record, sexual orientation or practices, health information, biometric information that is to be used for certain purposes or biometric templates.
JESI does not request, access or use sensitive data as outlined in the Privacy Act.
Where reasonable and practicable to do so, we will collect your Personal Information only from you. However, in some circumstances we may be provided with information by third parties. In such a case we will take reasonable steps to ensure that you are made aware of the information provided to us by the third party.
Disclosure of Personal Information
Your Personal Information may be disclosed in a number of circumstances including the following:
- Third party technology tools that enable JESI features. To view our JESI DATA Security Policy.
- To provide support and improve the JESI product offering.
- Where required or authorised by law.
Security of Personal Information
Your Personal Information is stored in a manner that reasonably protects it from misuse and loss and from unauthorized access, modification or disclosure.
When your Personal Information is no longer needed for the purpose for which it was obtained, we will take reasonable steps to destroy or permanently de-identify your Personal Information. However, most of the Personal Information is or will be stored in client files which will be kept by us for a minimum of 7 years.
Access to your Personal Information
You may access the Personal Information we hold about you and to update and/or correct it, subject to certain exceptions. If you wish to access your Personal Information, please contact us in writing.
J.E.S.I. Management Solutions will not charge any fee for your access request, but may charge an administrative fee for providing a copy of your Personal Information.
In order to protect your Personal Information you will need to provide identification from you before releasing the requested information.
Maintaining the Quality of your Personal Information
It is an important to us that your Personal Information is up to date. We will take reasonable steps to make sure that your Personal Information is accurate, complete and up-to-date. If you find that the information we have is not up to date or is inaccurate, please advise us as soon as practicable so we can update our records and ensure we can continue to provide quality services to you.
This Policy may change from time to time to remain current to legislative requirements and is available on our website and on the support portal accessible for JESI Users.
PO Box 8212, Garbutt QLD 4814
+61 417 823 264